关于哈佛大学学院情景对话

作者&投稿:花炉 (若有异议请与网页底部的电邮联系)
~

  哈佛大学,简称哈佛。坐落于美国马萨诸塞州剑桥市,是一所享誉世界的私立研究型大学,是著名的常春藤盟校成员,被公认为是当今世界最顶尖的高等教育机构之一。下面我为大家带来,欢迎大家学习!

   哈佛大学学院情景对话:哈佛法学院

  Han Meimei is watching the movie “Liar” on TV when there is a knock at the door.

  H: Hey, John, why are you here?

  呀,约翰,你怎么来了?

  J: I just went to my uncle’s and stop by. You’re watching TV?

  我刚去我叔叔家,顺便就过来看下你。你在看电视吗?

  H: Yeah, a movie called Liar. I like Jim Carrey. He’s so funny.

  是啊,看电影《大话王》。我喜欢金·凯瑞,他很搞笑。

  J: A little nonsensica.

  有点无厘头吧。

  H: I'm surprised that lawyers have such a bad reputation in America.

  我很吃惊,律师在美国的名声很差哦!

  J: It’s true that people don’t like lawyers, but they can’t live without lawyers.

  这是寘的,大家都不喜欢律师,但是又离不开他们。

  H: Just like the rich people in the movie, they can buy freedom with money.

  就像电影里说的,有钱人鱿能用钱买自由。

  J: Do yowant to be a lawyer any more after watching the movie on TV?

  这电影之后你还想当一名律师吗?

  H: Well, this career is indeed profitable. As you said, people need lawyers all the time. But now, I have another goal.

  嗯,这样的职业确实很赚钱啦。正如你说的,大家一直都需要律师的。但现在我有另一个 目标。

  J: What’s it?

  什么目标?

  H: You must promise not to laugh at me first. Cross your heart.

  你要保证你不笑话我哦。你发誓!

  J: Ok, I cross it.

  好,我发誓。

  H: If I stay in America, Fm determined to fight for the rights of Chinese who don’t know American laws. I don’t want to be a liar and a slave to money, who grind those poor people beneath his or her heel.

  H:如果我留在美国,我决心要为不懂美国法律的中国人争取权益。我不要成为一个 说谎的人,也不要成为金钱的奴隶,把穷人踩在自己的脚底下。

  J: Salute!

  J:向你致敬!

  H: John, don't forget what you promised.

  约翰,不要忘了你的保证哦!

  J: I did it from the heart.

  我是发自内心的!

  H: But first I have to go to a law school. Is it too early to say this?

  但苜先我要能考上法学院。现在说这个是否有点太早啦?

  J: No, only a person with a dream can go far.

  不会,一个人要有梦想才能走得远。

  H: Right. But easier said than done. The admittance rate of Harvard Law School is only about 7%.

  对!但说的比做的轻松。哈佛法学院录取率只有7%。

  J: I have confidence in you. You can make it. Anyway, you must give it a shot before

  you know you can do it or not. It never will rain roses.

  我对你有信心,你能做到的。不管怎样你都要先试一试才知道行不行。想不劳而 获也是不可能的。

  H: Application is difficult, but study at the Law School is more demanding.The Socratic teaching method daunts me.

  申请很困难,而在法学院学习则更吃力。我被苏格拉底教学法吓到了。

  J: What’s so horrible about it?

  为什么这么恐怖呀?

  H: Law School professors love debating with students. Every semester, each student must have at least one or two heated debates with each professor who teaches them. The debate sometime lasts for over ten minutes.

  法学院教授都爱与学生辩论。每学期每个学生至少要与教他们的每一个教授进行 1?2次的激烈辩论,有的还长达10分钟以上。

  J: As long as you,re prepared, you don’t have to worry too much.

  只要你准备充分,就不用太担心。

  H: I’m worried about my English. After all, Fm not a native speaker.

  我很担心我的英语啊,毕竟我的母语不是英语。

  J: Your English is pretty good now. Irm sure you’ll have a good mand of English after staying in America for some time.

  你的英语已经很好啦,我相信你在美国学习一段时间后一定会很精通英语的。

  H: I believe so. Where there is will, there is a way.

  我相信是,有志者事竟成嘛!

  J: By the way, how much do you know about Harvard Law School?

  对了,你对哈佛法学院的了解有多少?

  H: Are you testing me? Don’t underestimate me, I,ve been collecting rmation about Law School.

  你在考我吗?别小看我哦,我已经收集了很多关于它的资讯。

  J: Tell me something I don’t know.

  那讲些我不知道的结我听听。

  H: Do you know how many current Supreme Court justices are Harvard Law School graduates?

  你知道现在有多少最高法院的法官是哈佛法学院的毕业生吗?

  J: You got me. How many?

  还真被你问住了,有多少?

  H: Six. Isn’t it amazing? You know, there5re only nine justices in Supreme Court in total!

  6个!惊讶吧?伯^知道吗,最高法院的法官总共才9个。

  J: The Law School deserves its high reputation.

  法学院真是名不虚传啊。

  H: And a quarter of all Supreme Court clerks in the last five years e from Harvard Law School.

  在过去的5年里,最高法院有1/4的司法人员都来自于哈佛法学院。

  J: Incredible.

  哇,难以置信!

  H: Maybe I can be a member of the Supreme Court if everything goes well.

  如果一切顺利的话,说不定我以后能成为最高法院的一员呢。

  J: President Obama also graduated from Harvard Law School.

  奥巴马总统也是哈佛法学院毕业的。

  H: I know. The blacks had their turn, now it’s women’s turn. I want to do something for women.

  我知道,黑人早已经翻身掌权,现在轮到女同胞了。我一定要为女同胞们做点事。

  J: Oh, My! You’re so ambitious.

  噢,上帝!你还真有雄心壮志。

  H: I prefer to believe that’s a pliment,

  我宁愿相信这是一句赞美的话。

  J: It is. Cross my heart.

  是啊,我发誓。

  哈佛大学学院情景对话:哈佛学院

  Han Meimei and John meet on Monday. They are now talking about their future major.

  J: Han, Which major do you plan to choose?

  J:韩,打算选什么专业啊?

  H: I haven’t think about this question.

  H:我还设想过这个问题。

  J: Jesus! Don’t you worry about or even think about you future?

  J:天啊,你从来没想过或担心过你的前途吗?

  H: Yes,I do. I just don’t want to ask for trouble so early.

  H:是的,我只是不想这么早就自寻烦恼。

  J: Too early? Han, it's your second year in high school!

  J:太早?梅梅,你现在已经是高二了!

  H: So what? Give me a break. Don’t laugh at me.

  H:那又怎样?得了,别取笑我了。

  J: Don’t get angry. I was just kidding, to test your knowledge of Harvard University.

  J:别生气,我只是开开玩笑,想试下你对哈佛大学的了解程度。

  H: Did it sound like a joke?

  H:这像开玩笑吗?

  J: I apologize. But you have to confess that you don’t know Harvard at all.

  J:我道歉,但是你不得不承认你对哈佛大学一无所知。

  H: Not again. Does it have anything to do with Harvard?

  H:又来了。这与哈佛大学有什么关系吗?

  J: Yeah, of course it does. Aren’t you going to Harvard after graduation?

  J:当然有关系了,你毕业后不是想去哈佛大学吗?

  H: Sure.

  H:是啊。

  J: So you’re right not to think too much about your major too early.

  J:因此你不想太早过多地考虑专业选择的问题是对的。

  H: Don’t fool me. You know how important a major is? You know what a major mean? To a large extent,it'll determine your future life,.

  H:别笑我了,你知道专业有多重要吗?你知道专业意味着什 么吗?在很大程度上,专业会决定你未来的生活。

  J: That’s right. A lot of students go to college because they believe that a good college or a

  good major will help them find a good job in the future.

  J:很对。很多学生认为上个好大学或者选择_个好专业会帮 他们在未来找个好工作。

  H: Is it wrong to think so?

  H:那么这么想,错了吗?

  J: No. I said everyone has their own values. But to me, a good higher education aims to

  educate well-rounded individuals.

  J:不是的,每个人都有自己的价值观,但是对我来说,一个好的高等教育的目标是要培育全面发展的人。

  H: Aren’t we?

  H:难道我们不是?

  J: If you aim at pursuing a certain occupational target, then you’re not well-rounded.

  J:如果你的目标是从事某一种职业,那么你就不是很全面了。

  H: Make sense. I have so many interests and I don’t want to give up any of them. As a result, I can’t decide on my major.

  H:有道理,我有许多兴趣,我不想放弃任何一个,所以我还设决定我要选什么专业。

  J: Don’t worry. The freshmen don’t choose a major at Harvard College. They are only

  required to take Expository Writing, and may enroll any courses in which they are interested.

  J:别担心,哈佛学院的新生不用选择专业。他们只要求新生学习说明文写作,学生 可以根据自己的喜好选择所要学习的课程。

  H: That’s great!

  H:那太好了 !

  J: Besides, you can even change your major.

  J:另外,你还可以换专业。

  H: Couldn’t imagine that.

  H:真是难以想象啊!

  J: Harvard College offers us a liberal education. You do have a major, but it’s not so important as you thought, especially when you plan to go to graduate school.

  J:哈佛学院提供了一个自由的教育环境,你可以选择一个专业,但是专业设有你想 象中的那么重要,特别是如果你打算继续研究生学习的话。

  H: Unbelievable.

  H:难以置信。

  J: The good graduate schools want flexible, adaptable minds, minds exposed to a broad

  range of knowledge and trained in rigorous critical thinking.

  J:好的研究生院是希望学生有灵活和适应性强的头脑,能够掌握全面的知识,拥有 良好的逻辑思考能力。

  H: So I don’t have to get a bachelor degree m pre-law if I want to go to the Law School.

  H:那就是说,如果我想进入法学院,我可以不用先拿到法学预科学位。

  J: Yes.

  J:是的。

  H: Really? Han Meimei lets out a sigh of relief. To be honest, I've been torn between American literature and law. Vm interested in literature, but I want to be a lawyer.

  H:真的?韩梅梅舒了一口气说真的,我正在为选择美国文学,还是选择法律而 左右为难呢。我喜欢文学,但是我又想成为一名律师。

  J: You can major in literature first, and go to Law School for further education, like me.

  J:你可以先选择文学专业,然后进人法学院读研究生,就像我一样。

  H: You?

  H:你?

  J: I’m going to study physics and then go to Business School.

  J:我会先学习物理,然后去读商学院。

  H: Good idea!

  H:好主意!

  J: No matter how many your interests have, Harvard College will fulfill most of them. In addition to the major field of concentration, you can choose a secondary field which need not be related to the primary field.

  J:无论有多少兴趣爱好,哈佛大学都能满足彳尔所有的需求。除了一个主攻学习专 业以外,你可以选择第二专业,但是这个第二专业无需和主攻专业相关。

  H: We can choose as we wish.

  H:我们可以根据自己的意愿来选择。

  J: But we have to meet the minimal demand for a bachelor degree.

  J:但我们需要达到学士学位的最低要求。

  H: I like this kind of education. It treats students as humans rather than tools prepared for future walks.

  H:我喜欢这样的教育方式,它把学生当成真正的人来培养,而不是把学生训练成未 来工作所需要的工具。

   哈佛大学学院情景对话:哈佛肯尼迪学院

  Han Meimei and John are reading magazines in the periodical reading room.

  H: Look, you Americans has conceived of a new method to deal with its relations with other countries.

  H:你看,美国想出了一种新方式去处理与其他国家的关系呢。

  J: Is it soft power?

  J:是软实力吗?

  H: No, ifs *** art power.

  H:不,是巧实力。

  J: Whafs that?

  J:那是什么呢?

  H: Here it reads that “ *** art power is the ability to bine hard and soft power into a wining strategy”,It’s defined by Joseph Nye. But I don’t see much difference from it. Its aim is still to maintain its super power position.

  H:这里所说的“巧实力”其实就是硬实力和软实力的结含,软硬兼施,从而达到不 战而胜。这是约瑟夫?柰所下的定义。但是我觉得没什么实质上的区别,因为它 的目的仍然是维持其超级霸主的地位。

  J: We don’t talk about politics and diplomacy, ok? It’s too sensitive. But I can tell you something about Joseph Nye.

  J:我们不讨论政治和外交好吗?因为这太敏感了。但对于这个约瑟夫?奈,我倒可 以说一些他的事给

  H: Who’s this guy?

  H:他是谁呢?

  J: What Iwanttotalkaboutis not Nye himself, but Harvard Kennedy School from which he graduated. Or you can call it Kennedy School of Government.

  J:我想说的不是奈本人,而是他毕业的那所肯尼迪 *** 学院。

  H: I know it. It’s also a very famous graduate school at Harvard, training up its students to bee outstanding civil servants, politicians, and state *** en.

  H:我知道。这也是一个非常著名的哈佛大学研究生 院,培养学生成为优秀的公务员、政客和政治家。

  J: This school is relative young pared with other Harvard schools. It only has a history of about 70 years.

  J:如果与其他学院相比,这所学院是一个相对比较 新的学院,它只有约70年的历史。

  H: Really? That’s pretty young. Why did such an idea as founding a government school popped into its founder’s mind?

  H:真的吗?那真的是相当的新。为什么突然想到去 成立一所 *** 学校呢?

  J: At that time, the United States was in Great Depression and was on the verge of going into WWII. There seemed to be a lack of excellent talents in government.

  J:当时美国在大萧条和第二次世界大战的边缘, *** 似乎缺乏优秀的人才。

  H: That was a dark period in American history. A lot of people were out of work, and lived a miserable life. People nearly lost confidence in government.

  H:这是美国历史上黑暗的时期。很多人失去工作,并过著悲惨的生活。人们几乎失 去了 *** 的信心。

  J: Therefore, a Harvard alumnus called Lucius N. Littauer donated some money to Harvard to found a new school which would train talents for the government.

  J:因此,一位叫卢休斯?立陶尔哈佛校友绾哈佛捐了一些钱,建立了一所新的学校, 为 *** 焙养人才。

  H: The benefactor was Littauer? I thought his name was Kennedy, because schools are often named after their benefactor, like Harvard University after John Harvard, and Widener Library after Harry Elkins Widener,

  H:所以捐助者是立陶尔?我以为是肯尼迪呢,因为学校通常是他们的捐助者的名 字命名的,如哈佛大学是以约翰?哈佛;怀德纳图书馆是以哈利?埃尔金斯?威德 而是他所毕业的那所哈佛肯尼迪学校,或者你可以叫做肯纳?命名的。

  J: I’ve no idea. I just know that there is center named after him, tha Littauer Center.

  j:这我就不清楚了。我只知道有个中心是以他命名的,立陶尔中心。

  H; Then why is it called Kennedy School? Does Kennedy here represent John Kennedy?

  H:那么为什么叫肯尼迪学院?这里的肯尼迪是约翰?肯尼迪吗?

  J: Yes, actually its full name is John F. Kennedy School of Government.

  J:是的,实际上学院的全名是约翰?肯尼迪 *** 学院。

  H: Did he make great contribution to the school?

  H:他对这所学校有很大贡献呢?

  J: Not really, but he made great contribution to the country.

  J:也不尽然。其实他是对国家有更大的贡献。

  H: His passion for the blacks incurred anger from the white extremists and he was assassinated by one of them.

  H:他对黑人的同情引发了白人极端分子的愤怒,而他也是被其中的分子所暗杀的。

  J: You’re very familiar with American history.

  J:看起来你非常了解美国历史呢。

  H; I took a world history class.

  H:我之前上过世界历史课呢。

  J: Maybe Kennedy School want it students to remember Kennedy’s spirit and be good government officials.

  J:也许是肯尼迪学院想要他们的学生记住肯尼迪的精神和要成为一名好的 *** 官员。

  H: I heard that the School not only trains up talents for American government, but helps other nations train their government talents.

  H:我听说这个学院不仅为美国 *** 培育人才,也帮助其他国家培训人才呢。

  J: There have been tens of thousands of foreign students from more than 130 countries in the School.

  J:有来自超过130个国家成千上万的外国学生在这个学院呢。

  H: I’m not talking about students. There was an agreement between Chinese government and US government that from 2002 to 2007,the School must train 60 officials for Chinese central and local governments.

  H:我不是指一般的学生,中国 *** 和美国 *** 之间有一个协议,在2002年到2007 年间,学院要培养60名中国的中央和地方官员。

  J: I don’t know. But I hope such cooperation can last as long as possible.

  J:这我倒不清楚,不过我希望这样的含作能长久下去。

  H: So do I. If only there were no great conflicts which would threaten the peaceful relations among countries.

  H:我也是这么想的。希望以后没有太大的冲突影响各国家间的和平共处。




求哈佛大学简介
哈佛同时也是美国本土历史最悠久的高等学府,其诞生于1636年,最早由马萨诸塞州殖民地立法机关创建,初名“新市民学院”(the college at New Towne),为纪念在成立初期给予学院慷慨支持的约翰·哈佛牧师,于1639年3月更名为哈佛学院;1780年,哈佛学院正式改称哈佛大学。截止2014年,学校有本科生6700余人...

哈弗大学的特点有哪些
美国最早的私立大学之一。以培养研究生和从事科学研究为主的综合性大学.哈佛大学的各学院具有相对的独立性,哈佛历任校长坚持3A原则,即学术自由、学术自治和学术中立.如今,哈佛大学已发展为拥有十个研究生院、四十多个系科、一百多个专业的大型院校。正式注册有18,000名学位候选人,以研究生为主,也包括...

哈佛大学相当于国内什么大学
哈佛大学相当于国内清华大学。哈佛大学(Harvard University)简称“哈佛”,坐落于美国马萨诸塞州波士顿都市区剑桥市,是一所享誉世界的私立研究型大学,是著名的常春藤盟校成员。哈佛大学是美国本土历史最悠久的高等学府,其诞生于1636年,最早由马萨诸塞州殖民地立法机关创建,初名新市民学院,是为了纪念在...

布拉瓦尼克政治学院指新学院全球视野胜哈佛
相较于哈佛大学的甘乃迪学院,布拉瓦尼克政治学院在课程设置上展现出全球化的独特视角,据科利尔指出,哈佛在处理问题时倾向于美国立场,而牛津大学政治学院则以其广阔的国际视野著称。牛津大学校长汉密尔顿强调,尽管牛津培养出众多世界级别的领袖,但国际政治学院的中心似乎长期集中在美利坚,他期待牛津大学政治...

美国哈弗大学的历史?
美国是于1776年建国,比哈佛建校要晚140年。哈佛大学的建立是由于当时的英国殖民者想在美国的土地上建一座大学,正因为哈佛大学的建立者当中有很多人都是剑桥大学的毕业生,哈佛大学所在的城市也就被命名为剑桥城。其实原来这所大学的名字叫做“剑桥学院”,哈佛大学现在的名字来源于1638年一位名叫哈佛的...

全世界前十名大学
哈佛大学,坐落于美国马萨诸塞州波士顿都市区剑桥市,是一所享誉世界的私立研究型大学,是著名的常春藤盟校成员。 2、麻省理工学院 麻省理工学院(MIT),位于美国马萨诸塞州波士顿都市区剑桥市,主校区依查尔斯河而建,是世界著名私立研究型大学。 3、斯坦福大学 斯坦福大学,位于美国加州旧金山湾区南部帕罗奥多市境内,是美国占...

哈佛医学院是哈佛大学医学院吗?
哈佛医学院确实是哈佛大学的一部分,它是全球顶级的医学教育和研究中心,以其卓越的医学技术和严格的学生录取标准闻名于世。与哈佛大学的商学院和法学院一起,哈佛医学院占据着世界高等教育的前列位置。该学院对国际学生的接纳非常谨慎,这确保了学生群体的高质量。学院提供包括生物和生物医学科学(如生物分...

全球海商法最好的大学
全球海商法最好的大学有伦敦大学学院、哈佛大学、哥伦比亚大学、维也纳经济大学等。1. 伦敦大学学院(University College London)- 英国:伦敦大学学院是英国伦敦大学的一部分,成立于1826年。它是英国最早建立的高等教育机构之一,也是世界上最古老的综合性大学之一。伦敦大学学院在国际上享有很高的声誉,提供...

哈佛大学在美国哪个城市
哈佛大学在美国马萨诸塞州波士顿都市区剑桥市。哈佛是美国本土历史最悠久的高等学府,其诞生于1636年,最早由马萨诸塞州殖民地立法机关创建,初名新市民学院,是为了纪念在成立初期给予学院慷慨支持的约翰·哈佛牧师。哈佛大学是美国大学教育的旗舰,常青藤联盟的代表。截止2017年,学校有本科生6700余人,...

哈佛大学真正的校训是什么?
共有十二所住宿大楼给大学生,九所位于哈佛庭院的南部,靠近查尔斯河;剩余的则在庭院的西北方,那里原本是以前拉德克利夫学院的学生宿舍,直到两者合并使用同一的住宿政策为止。校园附近有公交车及铁路等交通运输服务,供学生教员们穿梭校园。哈佛大学的商学院及大多数的体育设施均处于波士顿的西边,占地145...

诏安县18062168079: 5、哈佛大学是世界著名的大学,有一套严格的校规来保障学校正常运作.其中有一项校规就是学生在图书馆借阅 -
当涂詹塞莱: 个人觉得公平.这位同学违反了图书馆的规章制度,就应该受到惩罚,不能因为他归还图书就免除对他的惩罚,因为归还图书馆的书是他应尽的义务.

诏安县18062168079: 关于哈佛大学 -
当涂詹塞莱: 10个系 1 人文与自然科学院 2 医学院 3 哈佛商学院 4 设计研究学院 5 哈佛神学院 6 哈佛教育研究学院 7 肯尼迪政治学院 8 哈佛法学院 9 拉德克里夫学院 10 哈佛公共卫生学院

诏安县18062168079: 三句话英语介绍哈佛大学 -
当涂詹塞莱: Harvard University (Harvard University) is the longest in U.S. history one of the first-class academic institution, is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and at Boston and across the Charles River. Harvard University has two colleges to recruit ...

诏安县18062168079: 哈佛大学的故事 -
当涂詹塞莱: 一对衣着简陋的夫妇坐火车去了波士顿,到了目的地,他们就直接找到了哈佛大学,这会儿,他们已经胆怯的走进了校长的接待室. “对不起,我们没有预约.但是我们想见校长,”那穿着破旧的手织套装的丈夫轻声的对秘书这样说.秘书的眉...

诏安县18062168079: 介绍哈佛大学的英语短文 -
当涂詹塞莱: 官方网站的介绍About Harvard College Harvard College adheres to the purposes for which the Charter of 1650 was granted: "The advancement of all good literature, arts, and sciences; the advancement and education of youth in all manner of ...

诏安县18062168079: Harvard is the oldest university in America.It was started in 1636.Two years later,a young priest -
当涂詹塞莱: 哈佛大学是美国最老的大学.建于1636年,两年以后,一个年轻的牧师约翰·哈佛去世了.他把自己所有的书及很多的土地都捐给了大学.从那时起,这所大学就改名为哈佛大学.

诏安县18062168079: 用英语介绍哈佛大学的校园生活 -
当涂詹塞莱: 翻译工具翻出来的. s the only American HBS has independent school campus. All the teaching project, MBA, Ph.D., executive training etc. Are all in the same campus networking, make very easily. Although HBS is the world's largest MBA program...

诏安县18062168079: 当一对衣着简朴的夫妇来到哈佛大学的校长室接待室时,秘书是怎么做的?为什么要这么做 -
当涂詹塞莱: 你说的是斯坦福夫妇.至于他们为什么决定要建一所后来的斯坦福大学,我想是因为他们觉得钱不值得捐给当时的哈佛大学.

诏安县18062168079: 当年,哈佛牧师立遗嘱时,把他的一块地皮和250本书遗赠给了当地一所学院,这所学院后来发展成了现在的哈佛大学.哈佛学院一直把哈佛牧师的这批书珍... -
当涂詹塞莱:[答案] (1)“略” (2)哈佛的理念是:让校规看守哈佛的一切比让道德看守哈佛更有效.这便是他们的行事态度:法理第一.(3)启示:遵守规则是人类社会生活能够正常进行的前提和保证.做人做事都要遵循一定的规则.理...

诏安县18062168079: 求一段英语对话 场景在学校!! -
当涂詹塞莱: : hey~ how is it going? B: all right, so far. how are you? A: oh~ exhausted. I just took my physical chemistry exam, and I think I have answered few questions wrong. B: Don't worry about it. I took that class last year, and the professor curved the exam ...

本站内容来自于网友发表,不代表本站立场,仅表示其个人看法,不对其真实性、正确性、有效性作任何的担保
相关事宜请发邮件给我们
© 星空见康网